Navigational Pages

Thursday 6 March 2014

YouTube Culture

For my train journey home today I picked up this month's Company magazine to find 'Zoe Sugg's-(aka Zoella) face on the front (looking stylish as always). I thought to myself, 'my- how far the YouTube community have come'.

As a YouTube super freak fan it pleases me to see people who started as teenagers recording videos in their bedrooms gain this new type of celebrity status (You go Glen Coco!)

Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart, Mamrie Hart, are just a small handful of the women on YouTube who provide hilarity week in week out. Their humour is contagious and I find myself tuning into 'You Deserve a Drink' , 'My Drunk Kitchen', and Grace's daily vlogs like I would for a TV show.

Alternatively, if there is ever an occasion I need to make my face look slightly more presentable than my usual slapdash job with brushes I have no clue where to use, I turn to Tanya Burr to give me a trusty make-up look. She is the godfather of blushers and bronzers.

Then there is 'Fun for Louis'- who never seems to sit still. I can guarantee now, what he has seen and accomplished in his young years is more than I ever will in my whole life. He's definitely taken the meaning 'live each day as your last' on-board.

All in all, we should not under estimate the power of the Tube. Amongst many of it's benefits, I see YouTube as the way forward for advertising, with a noticeably increasing amount of brands eager to piggyback on the success of the YouTubers to promote products to their vast audiences. From funny cat videos to fashion hauls- this social network has it all, and once you hit your first subscribe button there's no turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment